6/21/08

Brooklyn's where it's at: Coney Island Mermaid Parade

It's been two years since I've been to Coney Island - man I feel old. And I remember seeing signs last summer for The Mermaid Parade that takes place every year in June, and I was too lazy and afraid to go—But this summer I decided to go no matter what, even if I had no one to go with. Who goes to Coney Island alone!? me.

I took a local N train there. Who cares if it takes a whole hour, it's so awesome to look out the window and see the Brooklyn Bridge, the Statue of Liberty and all of Lower Manhattan when you're above ground in a train.

I got there and my camera captured as much as it could.

Things are gonna get real colorful!

*Update on 6/22/09: I realize I do not have any pictures in this post of the actual parade. Fail.


That famous ride... what's it called??? Cyclone!


I bought a ticket for this ride then chickened out and never rode


The mega famous Ferris Wheel... what's it called?? The Wonder Wheel!!


Dantes Inferno


Swingsets


The very romantic Merry-Go-Round


The ride I almost died on, for $5.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

follow @NYCphotos on twitter!