9/1/09

On the train in Astoria

There are so many inspirational things in New York and even in Queens, like the elevated subway line, the graffiti on sides of buildings and the random things you spot when walking along the sidewalk: decorative elements on a fence or an item that's been set out for recycling. All of these things have a relation to one another. Sometimes it's the color, the texture, the location, the item's purpose, the way the sunlight affects it, etc.

I made this video earlier in the summer because I was inspired by my regular walk to the gym in Astoria. Construction sites, poles, cars and parks are always nearby, and it always takes a quick subway ride to get there. Most of my ideas for this video came to me on the train, so you'll see a lot of interior and exterior shots of the subway as well:

No comments:

Post a Comment

follow @NYCphotos on twitter!