11/22/09

Holiday!

So far the festive holiday stuff that I have spotted around town has been mostly on 5th Avenue. Saks, Henri Bendel, Bergdorf and lots of other stores already have their decorations out. Bloomingdale's on Lexington and 3rd is getting there, and I believe Macy's over on 6th and 7th started decorating first, as I noticed trees (and pumpkins) lining the streets right before Halloween!

There's ice-skating in Rockefeller Center next to the big tree, in Central Park at Wollman's Rink and in Bryant Park at The Pond. I'm not crazy about ice-skating. Too slippery if you ask me, but I'll probably be out and about throughout the winter to watch from the sidelines since there's always tasty food and attractions nearby—especially at the one in Bryant Park!

Cartier, near Saks Fifth Avenue

The exterior of Bergdorf Goodman on 59th & 5th has lots of wreaths!


Wollman's Rink in Central Park


More to come of course...

2 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous!! you make me want to go to new york!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first photo is of Cartier, not Saks.

    Great site/photos.

    ReplyDelete

follow @NYCphotos on twitter!