10/23/10

My favorite spot in Central Park

My favorite spot in Central Park is near the entrance at 86th Street and Central Park West. It's called the Arthur Ross Pinetum, an arboretum filled with pine trees, benches and picnic tables. I took a picture here 4 years ago in the summer of 2006 when I was interning in the city and participating in a baseball game nearby on the Great Lawn.

I submitted the photo to Creative Quarterly: The Journal of Art & Design, and it was published in their Summer 2007 issue (around the same time I moved to New York City), so the picture means a lot to me.

So while at the park during this particular visit, I lounged in the grass with friends and admired my surroundings. I ventured off to take pictures of the reservoir, the winding paths and the grassy area inside the Pinetum.

Now, four years later, I decided to visit again and recapture my favorite spot. From there, I can easily walk to the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir to admire the swimming turtles and floating ducks in the dark blue water. I hope to make it back here a few more times this month and next before it gets to cold—but even then I will surely be back to take pictures of my favorite Central Park spot in the snow!





The Reservoir

No comments:

Post a Comment

follow @NYCphotos on twitter!