4/30/11

Walking up and down 5th Avenue

When my Mom was in town, I showed her Central Park for the first time, took her to revisit Times Square (she'd been during Christmas of '09) and we got drinks at The Plaza Hotel. I planned to show her some of the unique little boutiques and shops down in the Lower East Side one of the days that she was here, but she asked to see Rockefeller Center and St. Patrick's Cathedral instead. Wow, I didn't even think to take her there. I guess I am really turning into a local, because I haven't been back to those places in a while. I used to go all the time, and I used to take my visitors there right away.

So we ventured up and down 5th Avenue to admire some of our favorite NYC stores: Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Bergdorf Goodman, Henri Bendell's, Juicy Couture, etc.


At the start of 5th Avenue and Waverly Place in the West Village
The arch in Washington Square Park
Washington Square

Nearby row of brownstone townhouses used by NYU,
on Waverly Place at Washington Square Park & 5th Avenue
Washington Square buildings

Further up 5th Avenue in the 40's: St. Patrick's Cathedral
St. Pat's on Palm Sunday

Trump Tower on 5th Avenue
Trump

Golden food court inside the Trump Tower
Trump

Louis Vuitton Ostrich egg theme
Louis Vuitton window display

Tiffany & Co
Tiffany windows

Cool Burberry window display on 57th Street & 5th Avenue
Burberry ad

If you're visiting the City for the first time, the tenth time or even if you are a local, these are the best places to see! You really will feel like you're seeing the best sights of NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

follow @NYCphotos on twitter!